Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Falling Rock Tap House Christmas Beers

Winter Warlock by Bristol Brewing Co.,
Colorado Springs
The Falling Rock Tap House will be having over 20 draft taps of Christmas beers from around the world. Yesterday I got a preview of some really great beers.  I had the 2010 Anchor Steam "Seasonal Ale" that was dark, rich tasting with those great seasonal spices we have come to associate with the holidays.  This is the first time I have ever drank this beer and at $6 a pint not a bad deal.  The Falling Rock also had a very expensive seasonal beer I have ever seen the Scaldis Noel from Belgium, it was $9 for a half pint.  Very rich, light sweetness, and lightly spiced.
The Falling Rock is having a beer pairing dinner with more Christmas beer including a St. Bernardus Christmas Ale that wasn't available yesterday.  I hoping there will be some tomorrow when I'll be at the Rock for more Christmas cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment